MANUFACTURING CAUCUS BRIEFING
The briefing will bring together industry experts, and national- and local-level labor and company
speakers to discuss automotive technology innovation, investment, manufacturing, and job
growth across the country and what is needed to maintain it.
This briefing will highlight a recent report on the automotive manufacturing sector, Supplying
Ingenuity II: U.S. Suppliers of Key Clean Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Technologies, that finds more than
1200 U.S. factories and engineering facilities in 48 states—and nearly 300,000 American
manufacturing workers—building technology that improves fuel economy for today’s vehicles.
Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Capitol Visitors Center, Room CVC 218
Members invited include Congressman Tim Ryan (OH-13) and Congressman Tom Reed
Introductions by Said Jahanmir, Legislative Fellow, Office of U.S. Congressman Ryan and
Andrew Bicos, Legislative Fellow, Office of U.S. Congressman Reed.
- Moderator: Zoe Lipman, Director, Vehicles and Advanced Transportation Program,
- BlueGreen Alliance
- Laurie Holmes, Senior Director, Environmental Policy, Motor & Equipment
- Manufacturers Association
- Chris Miller, Executive Director, Advanced Engine Systems Institute (AESI)
- Josh Nassar, Legislative Director, United Auto Workers (UAW)
- Dan Boone, President United Steelworkers (USW) Local 979
- Jack Hefner, President USW Local 2
- Representative, Arconic, Invited