- Senate Approves Trump’s Regulatory Chief Jul 19, 2017 The Senate on Monday approved President Trump’s controversial nominee to be administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. The vote to clear George Mason University law professor Neomi Rao was 54-41.
- ASME ECLIPSE Intern Goes to Washington Jul 11, 2017 ASME ECLIPSE intern shares her experience in on Capitol Hill meeting with Congressional offices and attending the 14th annual Multisociety Engineering Public Policy Symposium. She also provides resources to help you get connected to the public policy process.
- Appropriations Committee Releases Fiscal Year 2018 Energy and Water Appropriations Bill Jun 27, 2017
- CONGRESSIONAL BRIEFING HELD ON THE VALUE OF THE NIST MANUFACTURING EXTENSION PARTNERSHIP (MEP) Jun 16, 2017 The House Manufacturing Caucus recently asked the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) to brief them on the NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program, a program which the Trump Administration proposed to eliminate in its FY18 budget. The briefing focused on how the program delivers value to the economy and national security of the United States through the services it provides to small- and medium-sized U.S. manufacturers.
- ARPA-E Coalition Letter of Support in the FY 2018 Budget May 25, 2017 The undersigned organizations, companies and institutions write today to express our strong support for continued funding for the Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy (ARPA-E) in the FY 2018 budget and in subsequent funding cycles. As you know, ARPA-E has been a highly innovative and effective program, successfully conducting critical research necessary to ensure the nation’s future energy security and as such, enjoys strong bi-partisan support. Modeled after the highly successful Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), ARPA-E supports “high-risk, high-reward” research which has the potential to drastically alter how we make and use energy in the future. ARPA-E finds innovative technologies and gives them the critical push to get to the point where industry can take over investment. ARPA-E is helping to foster groundbreaking technological innovations, including energy storage, advanced nuclear, and carbon capture and sequestration.
- Will proposed cuts undermine Trump’s vision of ‘energy dominance’? Jul 21, 2017 -
- Nanotechnology for developing countries Jul 21, 2017 -
- Trump budget chief touts progress in rolling back regulations Jul 21, 2017 -